Well, considering the huge weather change from -9 degrees to 63 in a span of just a few days and the fact that Ground Hogs Day is coming up this weekend, I decided to feature the “Goodbye Frosty Cookie.” A perfect time to say farewell to Winter in a cute chocolate form while using a beloved Winter character, Frosty the Snowman. A delicious combination of chocolate and a Reese’s cup for every cookie! What could be a better to celebrate the end of Winter and the hope that Spring will soon be back? And on top of it all it is so simple to make! With only a few ingridents and also fun, as you get to be creative!
- 1 box Devil’s food cake mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 package of white melting chocolate
- 10 miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, cut in half
- mini chocolate chips
- orange jimmies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, eggs, flour, and extract. Use a cookie scoop to drop evenly sized potions of dough onto a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, melt white chocolate. Drizzle a spoonful over each cookie to form the melted snow. Add a peanut butter cup half for the hat, and decorate the faces with chocolate chips and sprinkles.
Now, you have cute cookies to celebrate Winter’s end! Don’t forget to grab a glass of milk to enjoy this treat and also be warned that Winter may not be over quite yet!